e-commerce store – subscription-based animal health
According to Harvard Business Review, the subscription e-commerce business model is booming. Previously dominated by the likes of newspapers, magazines, gyms, utilities, and telecommunications firms, more products and services are being offered to more people through subscriptions than ever before. Business-to-consumer subscription businesses have attracted more than 11 million U.S. subscribers in 2017, and the industry as a whole has been growing at 200% annually since 2011. There are over two thousand consumer-focused subscription businesses in the US capitalising upon customers’ diverse tastes.
Launching a new e-commerce subscription based purchase concept in the animal health market. This online business sells product by subscription program, in a market that currently purchases product individually with their own knowledge to determine product, frequency and using calendar entries to remember to purchase. This is a technical market, which is facing several challenges including parasite resistance to available drugs and a lack of technical knowledge amongst those who are purchasing and using the product.
A service that combines technical know-how with the ease of use of a subscription. Clients choose a program based on a range of factors and the program is paid for on despatch and delivered when it is time to use the product.
An integrated strategy that included:
- Product positioning & messaging (exclusively Australian owned and made (market leaders are multinational pharmaceutical companies) | Ease of use | Set and forget | Time saving
- Social elements (Choice of charity sponsorship | Local assisted employment support | Share and earn)
- Digital storefront with bespoke subscription development
- Client acquisition strategy – content marketing to help & attract, marketing automation, drip email campaign to move potential clients down the funnel to purchase.
- Social marketing campaign which includes google shopping, Facebook, Instagram and facebook pixel and Google re-marketing
- Currently at launch phase, the business has achieved several thousand dollars in sales and traffic of close to 4K in visitors in month one.
- The platform the site is built on (shopify) rates the store in its top 10% of stores that were launched at the same time.
- The website address is already performing on google within two months of launch
e-commerce either as a stand alone or as a strategic adjunct to a bricks and mortar business (eg retail) is a smart move. If you need a partner to assist in developing the strategy with the knowledge to build the operational side of e-commerce contact Samantha Hain, digital and socialmedia marketing specialist – email@example.com or 0434 994 145.